Netted Bezels, Wire Wrap Bracelet, etc.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Finally I got to make a netted bezel cab based on Delia Stone's tutorial. I have tried it before but it was not very successful. No picture was taken for this failed project. This time around it worked. I use 27ga stainless steel wire for the net. This cab is part of a bracelet with Goldstones. See more pix below.

Other wire wrapped components of the bracelet (top pix) and the finished bracelet (bottom pix) on William's wrist.

The Beading Gem Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 7:07:00 AM GMT+8

Great job, Mei. I love the differently treated cabs all around the bracelet!

Waiyee Chan Monday, August 25, 2008 at 10:21:00 PM GMT+8

Wow.. very beautiful! So intricate. :) I wonder how long did you take to complete it?

And also, where can we get stainless steel wire? Is it easily found in Malaysia?

Mei (WireBliss) Monday, August 25, 2008 at 10:30:00 PM GMT+8

Thanks Waiyee! Took me few hours to complete it :) I think about 5-6 hrs.
You can find stainless steel wire at tackle (fishing) shop and yes its quite easy to find in Malaysia. The only problem is if you can find all the sizes or not. Some shops have more sizes than others.

Leslie Todd Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 1:54:00 PM GMT+8

The bracelet looks great! You certainly did a good job on the needle lace. I like the mix of wrapping styles in the bracelet.

Mei (WireBliss) Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 4:41:00 PM GMT+8

Thank you Leslie! I am quite satisfied with the outcome.

Nicole Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 7:10:00 PM GMT+8

THIS IS GORGEOUS, MEI! I LOVE your wirework! You are actually inspiring me to try it!

Mei (WireBliss) Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 9:48:00 PM GMT+8

Thank you Nicole! try it out and you will be addicted, like me...:)

Jan Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 8:16:00 PM GMT+8

Hi Mei! Wow! Wow! Wow! I usually only do a double Wow for over the top jewelry...but that bracelet is yummy! Your wire work is fabulous! Is that bracelet for sale? I read in your profile that you are a Capricorn. Were you born in January? It's my first time on your site. Your work is inspirational and impressive. Jan

Mei (WireBliss) Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 9:37:00 PM GMT+8

Hi Jan! Nice to meet/know you and thank you for the wonderful WOWx3! and comments. I would also like to welcome you to my blog and do stop by from time to time to check out new creations :)

The bracelet is taken Jan :) Next time maybe.
Yes my birthdays is on Jan 18. Are we sharing the same birthday? Capricorns are creative being...hehe. I visited your blog a while ago :D