Wire Wrapped Black Rose

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I am falling in love with this black steel wire. Tonight I made another Wire Wrapped Rose Ring with it. This is a 19ga wire. I am quite sure the ring would look better with thicker wire but 19ga is the thickest I have for now. A rose pendant is on the way :)
The low cost tutorial on how to make this ring is available in my Etsy Shop - Rose! Rose! I Love You or here (check out the list on the far right sidebar), if you are interested.

Lou's addictions Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 3:13:00 AM GMT+8

I made rings like these for my girls, they love them... and they are addictive to make lol...
They do look great in thicker wire have you tried using really fine wire? The one's I did for my daughters were with 0.4mm (i dont know what gauge that is) and I made the rose quite big too, the finer wire gives it a more delicate look too.

Mei (WireBlissMei) Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 9:55:00 AM GMT+8

Wow! 0.4 is 26ga based on the gauge calculator I have on my sidebar here. Haven't tried them with 26ga yet but will do that tonight and see how it turn out.
Thanks for sharing Lou.

Linda Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 10:42:00 AM GMT+8

This is beautiful. I haven't tried it yet, new car shopping, promoting and tax time.

But, I hope to soon.

I like your blog and shop.

Linda B.

Mei (WireBlissMei) Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 10:46:00 AM GMT+8

Thanks for stopping by Linda. Wish I can go new car shopping like you :)

Mortira Friday, February 13, 2009 at 6:57:00 AM GMT+8

What a great design! I agree - the black wire is gorgeous. It really makes a statement that regular old silver just can't do.

jillmackay Monday, February 16, 2009 at 10:35:00 AM GMT+8

Nice work Mei! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! So cool! Keep on creating!
xoxo
Jill

Leslie Todd Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 5:11:00 AM GMT+8

Mei, the new rings look great! I see what you mean about your black wire looking different. I do have one coil of 19 ga. black steel wire that looks like this, very black. All the rest is black annealed steel wire and is not so black.

Anonymous ,  Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 1:49:00 PM GMT+8