Most Practical Jewelry Tutorials, Tips and Instructions Sites

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

This post is updated from time to time to include recent discoveries and links.
Last updated: May 16, 2012

With more and more people going into jewelry making (either as a hobby or business), it is getting to the point that there is far more out there than you could ever hope to read and learn on a regular basis. When I first started with this hobby, there are many sites that I visited to learn the basics about wire wrapping. Some of these sites provide free tutorials while others provide both free and paid tutorials. I look for the free one most of the time, therefore the listed sites mostly provide free tutorials and instructions. To help you filter that info glut down to a more manageable level, here is my list of the most practical websites and blogs for wire jewelry tutorials, tips and instructions. Hope this will get you started with this very addictive hobby.

Also, if you're looking to buy materials and supplies for jewelry making, you can buy them here with coupons.

Free Tutorial Websites / Blogs:
Journals & Magazines, Forums:
Metal Works/ Metalsmithing
There you go, that should keep you busy for a while.
If you have or know of other sites/blogs with similar contents, please feel free to leave a comment or provide the links.

MJ Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 11:56:00 PM GMT+8

Nice list. I hv some of them but it's always good to view more resources

Mei Sunday, August 19, 2007 at 10:31:00 PM GMT+8

Any from your list that i can add in here?

JenRocks Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 12:55:00 AM GMT+8

Hahaha addictive hobby...no joke! I love making jewelry..though I'm not very good at it yet. I am going to look into these links you provided...im addicted to making jewelry, and my sister makes little arts and crafts...my dad just buys stuff..he is no fun. He has a "collection" of watches, that he needs his own dresser to hold them all!

WireBliss Design (Mei) Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 8:28:00 AM GMT+8

Hi JenRocks, happy browsing and happy wrapping.
I need to update some of this links as some don't work anymore :)

Jewelry Making Supplies Friday, August 20, 2010 at 12:36:00 AM GMT+8

I loved the article! These types of resources are extremely valuable to anyone interested in making jewelry. I can't wait to read some more of your articles!

Jewelry Making Supplies Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 4:03:00 AM GMT+8

WireBliss Design (Mei) Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 10:09:00 AM GMT+8

Thank you Jewelry Making Supplies.
It is about time for me to update this list soon.

rose pearl j Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 10:45:00 AM GMT+8

Hi, Thanks for the list. I love handmade jewelry and your web is really helpful. Thanks again.

floridagator forum Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 10:16:00 PM GMT+8

very nice post. thanksss . please continue.

[url=http://www.gatorsportsnation.com]floridagator forum[/www.gatorsportsnation.com]

CGM Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 1:56:00 AM GMT+8

Very nice little starter list to keep someone busy. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous ,  Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 1:24:00 PM GMT+8

Does anyone have instructions for a wie wedding band

TriciaH ,  Monday, June 11, 2012 at 10:02:00 AM GMT+8

Wow! What a super way to make matching spirals! This is an excellent tutorial! I need all the help I can get! I've been doing beading for quite awhile and have worked with wire, but am now expanding to setting stones and want to embelish the settings with more extensive wire work. This was very helpful to me. Thank you very much. I also enjoyed reading about your inspiration at the end! lol.

Gem ln Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 9:04:00 PM GMT+8

Thanks for posting

volga ava Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 4:43:00 PM GMT+8

I can't imagine life without accessories! I always enjoy reading about the artist's process because it develops a deep appreciation of all the work that went into each bead or component.Thanks for sharing your tips those tips are very useful for me when creating something new.

Beads