Wire Woven Bead Cap - Yippy! My first

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Thanks to Iza Malczyk, now I am able to make this wire woven bead cap. If you check out her website, you will find beautiful woven wire jewelry of various designs. They are all so very beautiful.
Her tutorial on this wire woven bead cap is very easy to follow but to actually make them is not as easy as it looks.
It took me about 4 hours to finish this small piece. Phew! Its tedious works but the end result is worth the time. The wire broke at several places during weaving but fortunately they are not that visible and I managed to hide them well :)
Hopefully with practice, the time required to make this type of wrapping will be shortened.

Frozen Fire Glass Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 11:19:00 PM GMT+8

Mei,

That looks terrific! You did a great job on it. I have that samee issue with the tutorial and haven't tackled it yet. Her work is fabulous!

Francesca

Mei Monday, September 24, 2007 at 1:34:00 PM GMT+8

Thanks Francesca. Her work is awesome and she has been kind to share this tutorial. All the best to you when you try this one out.
Mei

Bell Monday, September 24, 2007 at 9:30:00 PM GMT+8

Wow... it looks great! How do you get the bead to stay inside it?

Mei Monday, September 24, 2007 at 9:58:00 PM GMT+8

Its the bigger wire at the center, inserted from the top of the cap and through the bead. To hold it in place, bend a loop at the bottom of the bead.

Karnaaks Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 6:55:00 PM GMT+8

This is amazing thing You did.
And Iza - She is master with playing with wire (ofcourse as You too) :)

Mei Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 10:02:00 PM GMT+8

Thanks Karnaaks. Like you, I really admire Iza's work and talent.

Anonymous ,  Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 11:26:00 PM GMT+8

I wonder did you start from bottom or from the top of this cap.
It really beautiful...

regards,
zlatnaribica

Mei Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 10:18:00 PM GMT+8

Thank you Zlatnaribrica. I started the cap from the top. I checked out your link and wow! you make beautiful pieces there. Bookmarked your site!