Herringbone Weave Ring - Tiger's Eyes

Thursday, May 22, 2008

This is a commissioned piece. The technique used here is the Herringbone Weave, made popular by Eni Oken. She has a free tutorial on this weave at her site.

Anonymous ,  Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 2:51:00 PM GMT+8

i luv2 heringbone technic,,very versitile technic,i like this ring,many time i try to have my heringbone ring but always fail ..do u have tip to make it really nice like this one..i just post mt dragonfly heringbone necklace feel free to visit my site ya..than mei

Mei Tan Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 4:53:00 PM GMT+8

Thank you Yati. You are doing great with your herringbone weave as seen in your new dragonfly. No special tip actually. I actually follow Eni's tutorial. While wrapping, I just make sure that the wrap is tight and neat before I wrap around the shank.

Anonymous ,  Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 11:35:00 AM GMT+8

Hi Mei,
Couldn't find the herringbone weave on Eni Onken's site. Could you post a link? Thanks.

Mei Tan Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 12:56:00 PM GMT+8

Here is the link Anonymous - http://enioken.com/jewelry/herringboneweave-005.html

Labradorith Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 9:23:00 AM GMT+8

Hi Mei, can you make a tutorial for prong ring? i like it very much, but how do you make? thank you, you can write me too in email adress virido@gmx.at. And a question do you make herringbone or shank? I tried but ist difficult!!!

rita

Mei Tan Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 10:09:00 PM GMT+8

Hi Lunita! there are available tutorials on prong ring. I will have to search for it first and email you later. The herringbone is on the ring shank. I hope this answer your question. By the time you get my free tutorial, it should be easy :)