Herringbone Weave Ring - Tiger's Eyes

Thursday, May 22, 2008

This is a commissioned piece. The technique used here is the Herringbone Weave, made popular by Eni Oken. She has a free tutorial on this weave at her site.

yatisalem Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 2:51:00 PM GMT+8

i luv2 heringbone technic,,very versitile technic,i like this ring,many time i try to have my heringbone ring but always fail ..do u have tip to make it really nice like this one..i just post mt dragonfly heringbone necklace feel free to visit my site ya..than mei

Mei Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 4:53:00 PM GMT+8

Thank you Yati. You are doing great with your herringbone weave as seen in your new dragonfly. No special tip actually. I actually follow Eni's tutorial. While wrapping, I just make sure that the wrap is tight and neat before I wrap around the shank.

Anonymous ,  Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 11:35:00 AM GMT+8

Hi Mei,
Couldn't find the herringbone weave on Eni Onken's site. Could you post a link? Thanks.

Mei (WireBliss) Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 12:56:00 PM GMT+8

Here is the link Anonymous - http://enioken.com/jewelry/herringboneweave-005.html

lunita Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 9:23:00 AM GMT+8

Hi Mei, can you make a tutorial for prong ring? i like it very much, but how do you make? thank you, you can write me too in email adress virido@gmx.at. And a question do you make herringbone or shank? I tried but ist difficult!!!

rita

Mei (WireBliss) Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 10:09:00 PM GMT+8

Hi Lunita! there are available tutorials on prong ring. I will have to search for it first and email you later. The herringbone is on the ring shank. I hope this answer your question. By the time you get my free tutorial, it should be easy :)