Wire Weaving

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Spent whole day today weaving wires. Something I have been wanting to make till today...weaving 3 wires together. Weaving with 29ga stainless steel wire is quite manageable. The weaving turned out quite neat and tight.
The first pix is a trial piece while the second pix is the finished piece. Can't show the whole piece yet....:P

P.S. If you're looking to buy more materials or supplies for wire weaving, click here.

yatisalem Sunday, June 22, 2008 at 10:52:00 AM GMT+8

yes!! u need a lot of hours to finish this kind of weave product..sometime a couple of day..im going crazy when im doing something like this..cannot wait for the result..and it better use 28g of wire to make it faster hehe..when i use 30g of wire for sure
i will stop for take the long rest in the middle of the process(curi tulang and something never continue it again..hehe)

Mei Sunday, June 22, 2008 at 9:28:00 PM GMT+8

funny! i kind of enjoying it. Can't wait to finish it....maybe because its the first time :)

Candice Monday, June 23, 2008 at 11:32:00 AM GMT+8

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Haven't made any sale from my blog shop, inspired by you, but I haven't officially told anyone about it yet. I want to get some more pieces on it first. If I don't sell anything from it that will be okay though. I have been having fun just putting it together. And it is free so...

Candice Monday, June 23, 2008 at 12:08:00 PM GMT+8

OH. I think I know what it is now that you say that. I bet it is beautiful!! May be if you credit them as inspiring the design you can show it without worrying?

de Cor's Tuesday, June 24, 2008 at 2:31:00 PM GMT+8

Finally you're getting your hands on this, issit going to be a cross? :D

Mei Tuesday, June 24, 2008 at 3:33:00 PM GMT+8

Corra! hehehe!...I will post it soon if got the "Green Light".

de Cor's Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 2:32:00 PM GMT+8

hehee, i supposed you're asking iza if you could, trust me she won't say no. :P

Delisa Monday, November 10, 2008 at 5:53:00 AM GMT+8

Beautiful! I have been wanting to try wire weaving and have just been too chicken. I think if I you steel wire I won't be so horrified to mess up! Keep up the great work!

CGM Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 2:03:00 AM GMT+8

Wow. this is very intricate. Very interesting ring and technique.
Just in case anyone's interested in wire, we have a wide variety of nice wire.

Aldenn Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 2:24:00 PM GMT+8

I have to do it by myself! Thanks for the infos!