My First Tucuman Braid Bracelet

Monday, August 04, 2008

People in the forum/s have been talking about this new Tucuman Braid Bracelet from Don and Louise Coulson of Jewelry Spectrum. So, I stole some time this evening to try it out myself. I present you my first Tucuman Braid Bracelet. Yeah!
The tutorial is very easy to follow. I have no problem following it from the beginning till the end. The only "mistake" I made is to braid it too tight at the beginning of the braid, the clasp end. If you look at the pix below (bottom left of this first pix), the braid is thinner and tighter than the rest of the bracelet :) Ah! Will do better next time around.

GrandmaMarilyns Monday, August 4, 2008 at 10:56:00 AM GMT+8

Hey! If you didn't tell, no one would know that you didn't mean for it to look that way. It is your own design. LOL

Wendy Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 5:38:00 AM GMT+8

You did a great job on the bracelet. It is beautiful!

Deryn Mentock Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 9:05:00 PM GMT+8

This is really lovely Mei! This is a tutorial I had planned on trying with steel wire.

Mei (WireBliss) Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 10:35:00 PM GMT+8

Ah Deryn! I have been thinking of combining the steel wire with stainless steel when i was making this one. Till today I have not been able to start anything with the steel wire i got the other day.It will be used for my next Tucuman bracelet for sure :)

Louise Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 1:26:00 PM GMT+8

Mei,

Your work is absolutely beautiful. But beyond that, you are one class act. Don (my DH) was so impressed by the way you wrote about the bracelet in your blog!

Keep up the beautiful work,
Don & Louise

Mei (WireBliss) Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 1:34:00 PM GMT+8

Thank you so much Louise for stopping by. Cheeks burning red now - shy shy! My regards to Don :) and thank you for sharing the tutorial.

Louise Friday, August 22, 2008 at 10:19:00 AM GMT+8

Just wanted to let you know I put your blog on the tutorial page as a wonderful way to give credit to the designer. I have seen the Tucuman online with no credit given and you show the example of how it's done!

I love that prong ring also!
Louise

Mei (WireBliss) Friday, August 22, 2008 at 1:01:00 PM GMT+8

Thank you Luoise. As I also create tutorials, I know how it feels to receive credit for your effort, time, creativity and work involved in preparing the tutorial/s. So, it is just the right thing to credit the designer :D