Free Tutorial: Basic 3-Wire Braiding

Saturday, January 17, 2009

This is like a "Commercial Break" for me.
Do enjoy this Basic 3-wire Braiding Tutorial.
It only takes about half an hour or less to finish a simple bracelet with this Basic 3-wire Braid Tutorial.
Once done and you are feeling adventurous enough, you may even want to try create something like these| Facing the Cobra II or Meet me Halfway :)

HAPPY WRAPPING!

Note: Read the pictures from left to right.
Step 1| Cut 3 separate wires of about 9 inches each.
Step 2| Grip all 3 wires with a quick grip (I used hubby's quick grip here :)).

Step 3| Take wire 1 on the left over wire 2 in the center.
Step 4| Take wire 3 on the right over wire 1 which is now in the center.
Step 5| Continue by repeating Steps 3 and 4, keeping the wires as close as possible to each other.

Step 6| Stop braiding when you almost reach the end.
Leave about and inch to form spirals later.

Step 7| Use something round (here I use Oil of Olay Suncreen Lotion bottle) to shape the bracelet.
Step 8| Once done, use round nose and flat nose pliers to make tiny spirals of the remaining wire ends.

Well done! You made yourself a simple braided bracelet.

Are you ready for more?
Maybe you can try these out| Facing the Cobra II or Meet me Halfway :)
or wait for the tutorials - Coming Soon :)

The Beading Gem Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 9:07:00 PM GMT+8

Excellent beginner tutorial!! I too have "borrowed" my husband's vice which grips wire well.

Mei (WireBlissMei) Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 9:16:00 PM GMT+8

Thanks very much Pearl. Been wanting to do this for a while and finally get it done and over with today :)

Rebecca Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 2:34:00 PM GMT+8

I found your tutorial through MyCraft. It looks great - looking forward to trying it!

Lou's addictions Monday, January 19, 2009 at 6:07:00 PM GMT+8

Thanks for posting this, It inspired me to give braiding a try, I have a bangle which I plan on posting this week. Thanks again for the inspiration.

Marjorie Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 12:43:00 AM GMT+8

Thanks so much for the tips, Mei! I'll have to see if I can find a grip or vice to try one of these.

Chelsea Gwynne Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 11:51:00 PM GMT+8

whoa! I've got to get one of those! Thank you!

HJC Editor Tuesday, February 8, 2011 at 9:05:00 PM GMT+8

Your tutorial is an awesome inspiration! Many thanks for sharing. I would like to feature your designs at http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/

Contact me here if you have a concern.

Jane

Banae Phelps ,  Monday, January 16, 2012 at 11:35:00 AM GMT+8

What gauge of wire are you utilizing here? I am just starting and thought this would be an easy item to make to learn how to work with the wire and tools before I purchased your other tutorials. THank you

Banae Phelps ,  Monday, January 23, 2012 at 9:27:00 PM GMT+8

Saw your post about the wire gauge. Thanks so much! I am going to get some wire today and try it out. Thanks again!