Waited for 7 Years!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Finally it is flowering, after 7 long years. Dearest hubby and me bought this orchid (Borneo Paraphalaenopsis Labukensis) from Sabah and thought it will never flower in this kind of weather. The recent rainy season and cool days and nights must have done the trick. Hopefully the hot spell we are experiencing now will not stunt the flowering process.

This one is Bulbophyllum Longissimum from Thailand. The petals are about a foot long from top to bottom.

I haven't been making lot of wire jewelry lately but I purchased this book - The Braid Bible by Jacqui Carey. The best book purchase for year 2009. As claimed, the book contains over 200 braids to loop, knot, weave and twist. All the basic to the complicated as well as very familiar braids, knots and weave are in this book. Some of the questions that has been bothering me are answered by this book :) Will be trying them out with wire soon.

WireBlissMei

Kala Pohl Studio Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 10:06:00 PM GMT+8

Mei, amazing orchids. Can't wait to see them in full bloom:) The braiding book looks good too, I should check it out:):)

Kokopelli Monday, February 23, 2009 at 5:35:00 AM GMT+8

Hi Mei,

hope this orchid will be flowering soon. I cross my fingers. I have some orchids myself, but nothing too complicated. Mostly Phalaenopsis, Epidendrum and Dendrobium. They are beautiful! Love them!

Ruralrose Monday, February 23, 2009 at 9:03:00 AM GMT+8

wow, that is awesome, thanks for sharing! peace

Kudzu Monday, February 23, 2009 at 9:12:00 PM GMT+8

beautiful orchid! i'd be so thrilled,too. and i compliment you on your new jewelry,too, and a great book.
kudzu

Mei (WireBlissMei) Monday, February 23, 2009 at 10:10:00 PM GMT+8

Thanks for stopping by ladies.
I will take pictures of them blooming. Cross our fingers first and hope they will bloom fully :)

Marjorie Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 8:35:00 PM GMT+8

I know what a thrill that must be to have your orchids bloom. I've always wanted to try one but I keep the heat fairly low during the winter and I thought they liked it warm. Looking forward to seeing the new one in full bloom. :-)