Bamboo and Wire

Saturday, March 07, 2009

First, I have a bunch of plain bamboo cuff, handcrafted by the "Penans" of Sarawak. They are not easy to find. These, I got from a friend's girlfriend whose work requires her to travel to the interior of Sarawak where this tribe lives. Secondly, only one species of bamboo is suitable to make this type of cuff, I was told. Now, this friend's girlfriend just quit the job and I don't know if I can get them again.

So, what do I do with them? Actually I am suppose to draw some design on them with fire but have not gotten around to that yet. Then an idea struck me today......scroll down for result.

How about that? Bamboo and Wire!

WireBlissMei

Kokopelli Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 7:43:00 AM GMT+8

Cool idea! Have you ever tried Viking Knit? This is exactly how it is done. Beautiful cuff!

mrs beadsley Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 7:52:00 AM GMT+8

Mei - how clever! I love it and it dresses up the bamboo cuff SO much! Plus you can add any color bead you want to get a different look!

Lou's addictions Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 7:21:00 PM GMT+8

This is the kind of thing I love... So simple and unusual looking.

Deb Monday, March 9, 2009 at 12:20:00 AM GMT+8

What a wonderful bit of work Mei, and so ingenious to think to do this. I personally think they're gorgeous. Great work!

Images-Jewelry by Dianna Monday, March 9, 2009 at 12:49:00 AM GMT+8

So creative. I love it. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
dianna

Cattrix Monday, March 9, 2009 at 1:39:00 AM GMT+8

Now that is absolutely ingenious, that is like a 1 stitch viking knit woven on the bamboo. Very pretty!

Kathy Pierce Monday, March 9, 2009 at 1:52:00 AM GMT+8

Very creative Mei and I love the Vikling Knit rib along the center of the wrapping. Thanks for the share!

Beaded Zen Monday, March 9, 2009 at 2:47:00 AM GMT+8

Great combo and well wrapped. Can you imagine what it would look like with colored wire and beads?

corra Monday, March 9, 2009 at 2:54:00 PM GMT+8

Wow Mei, I am impressed! Great work!

Mei (WireBlissMei) Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 10:10:00 AM GMT+8

Thank you all for looking and leaving feedback here. I showed the cuff to the friend who supply me the bamboo cuff the other day. And know what?, he is interested to buy one or two of them for the girlfriend. How about that? :D

Dianna Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 10:33:00 AM GMT+8

you see jewelry every where Mei. they are beautiful.