Duh! I Broke It

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The whole afternoon's work down the drain! I only managed to enjoy this bracelet | cuff for a few minutes when I decided to twist the spiral a bit.
I didn't know the copper wire is so "brittle". Sad! Sad! Sad!
Guess I am so use to working with stainless steel wire.

WireBlissMei

Kala Pohl Studio Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 8:19:00 PM GMT+8

Oh no Mei! It is beautiful. Frustrating to have all that work....but a learning experience nonetheless:):)

Diana Norman Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 5:04:00 AM GMT+8

I hate it when that happens!! Metal gets "work hardened" each time you coil or hammer it - the molecules line up and get strong. When you are at those last stages and it feels like it might snap if you move it, you can heat up the metal to anneal it(-the molecules scatter and the metal gets "softer") and then make your tweaks.

Nice bracelet, though. Hopefully you will be able to salvage your weaving!

Mei (WireBlissMei) Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 8:20:00 AM GMT+8

Thank you very much Diana for this info. Knowledge in this department a bit lacking :)
Will try to "save" this bracelet though...

Be Jeweled By Candi Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 10:36:00 PM GMT+8

Man, that stinks! That bracelet is beautiful - what a shame.

Kudzu Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 7:57:00 PM GMT+8

it's still beautiful, I know you can think of some way to salvage it! and the bamboo cuffs are gorgeous, i love the top one the best!
kudzu

Mei (WireBlissMei) Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 10:05:00 AM GMT+8

Still finding time to do that. Hmm! Too many things in my mind at the moment.

Kokopelli Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 4:46:00 AM GMT+8

Oh no! What a pity! That happened to me, too, but with alu wire!

Ab-stractions Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 12:44:00 PM GMT+8

Oh yes, definitely save this bracelet and make the end look intentional!