Wire Wrapped Caged Earrings - Painful piece, almost gave up

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Yeah! I almost gave up on this one. I was wire wrapping this pair when headache strike again last Sunday. Managed to finish it before the full blown pain. Maybe because of that I decided this is one of the more difficult and painful piece. Yeah! Blame it on the headache :)
Anyway, headache is gone now and the world is so very BEAUTIFUL again!

Secondly, these are really tiny heart crystals....heart shape not very visible due to the wrap.
They are less than 1cm. Had hard time holding them down with my "temporary" clumsy fingers while trying to secure the loops/wraps at the front. The crystals kept slipping away to the sides or out the cage.

I hope the pain doesn't show on the earrings :)
So, here's happy non-headache days ahead and wishing you will never ever get any headache in your life.

Kudzu Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 1:14:00 AM GMT+8

they ARE beautiful, what a wonderful creation`!
kudzu

Poranna Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 2:30:00 AM GMT+8

they look absolutely gorgeous! I love them!!! :o)
pss... wish you many days without headaches :o))

Azure Islands Designs Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 3:32:00 AM GMT+8

WOW...these are gorgeous Mei!!!
Don't worry, no pain visible...

Cheers

Anonymous ,  Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 4:40:00 AM GMT+8

They are gorgeous! Despite the trial by fire they are wonderful. Remember - diamonds are formed by pressure and the results are worth it - just like these. Do you have any plans to create a tutorial for these?

A very beautiful result to all your hard work - well worth it!

V/r

Sherri

galadryl Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 1:16:00 PM GMT+8

Love them, they are really really nice.

sandy petals Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 10:29:00 AM GMT+8

I love that wrap. I am sorry for you headache though.
will you post a tutorial for that wrap?
I would love to learn to do those.

Mei (WireBlissMei) Friday, October 9, 2009 at 9:31:00 AM GMT+8

:) thank you all.
The days are wonderful again without headache.
I will be making the pendant hopefully by today :)

Sandy, I made this based on Bobbi's tutorial available here - http://www.jewelrylessons.com/tutorial/2-hinged-cages-and-locket
with a bit modification on my part though but its a wonderful tutorial.

Kokopelli Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 1:18:00 AM GMT+8

Mei, those are adorable! Glad you didn't give up!

IzzyGumbo Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 10:12:00 AM GMT+8

Mei, these are just gorgeous, I love them.