Wire Wrapped Fossilized Coral Pendant

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fossilized Coral! Fossilized Coral! (proper name is Agetized Fossil Coral)
Not sure why but I kept forgetting the name of this stone.
Most of the time, I only remember the coral part :)
This stone comes is several shades of colors - brown, reddish, gray, yellow, red as can be seen here.
The beautiful part of this stone is the flower like patterns in the stone.  Just awesome!

This pendant measures about 1in long and 0.8in wide.
I wrapped it in this particular way so that the "flowers" are all visible because that's the beauty of the stone.

Further reading on Agatized Fossil Coral (Gem Select) here.

Kokopelli Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 2:45:00 PM GMT+8

Beautiful, Mei! Fossilized Coral is one of my fav stones and I have some cabs in my collection. Once I get better in Bead embroidery, I'll use them.

Azure Islands Designs Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 8:46:00 PM GMT+8

What a stunner...simply beautiful!!! I love the way you have wrapped...you have such a wonderful imagination when it comes to wire wrapping!!!

Cheers

Kat's Custom Kreations Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 1:29:00 AM GMT+8

How very cool! Would love to see a tut on this!

Precious Bambino Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 10:05:00 AM GMT+8

It's beautiful and nice. Great work..Mei!

Wezz Friday, April 30, 2010 at 5:37:00 AM GMT+8

I love how you wrapped this beautiful stone, Mei!

Mei (WireBliss) Friday, April 30, 2010 at 7:27:00 AM GMT+8

Thank you all for the comments.
Kat - I am planning for the tut actually but not too soon. Will be in Q though :)

Promotional Codes Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 3:01:00 PM GMT+8

It's really beautiful.One of my favorite exotic materials is Fossilized Coral, the fossilized shell of a sea creature called the ammonites.

stainless steel wire Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 12:14:00 AM GMT+8

I love this gemstones. I've read that this remarkable thing about this semi-precious gem is, of course, that the ends of thecoral stalks nearly always look like flowers, andsome of the best stones look precisely like bouquets or even gardens.

cheap jewelry making supplies Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 12:44:00 AM GMT+8

WOW! Amazingly done! I love the way the wire has enveloped the stone...great piece! thanks for sharing!

lancehibner Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 8:30:00 PM GMT+8

It's beautiful and nice. Great work. I love this gemstones I love this gemstones
. I've read that this remarkable thing about this semi-precious gem is, of course, that the ends of the coral stalks nearly always look like flowers, and-some of the best stones look precisely like bouquets or even gardens.
Glass Of Venice

crankybeach Sunday, November 2, 2014 at 4:51:00 AM GMT+8

Did you ever work up a tutorial for this wrap?

Mei Tan Sunday, November 2, 2014 at 10:16:00 PM GMT+8

Hi crankybeach,
No I have not work up a tutorial for this but I may in the future.
Thank you for asking.

Christy Kroyer Monday, December 12, 2016 at 10:05:00 PM GMT+8

Why advertise a tutiorial when you don't offer a tutioral on you Etsy page?

Mei Tan Monday, December 12, 2016 at 10:47:00 PM GMT+8

Hi Christy, there is no intention of advertising this piece as a tutorial. It is just a post sharing my project. As mentioned above, I have not work up a tutorial for this but may in the future.
I do not think this is advertising.