"Four-in-One" Pipa Bracelet

Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Four-in-One" Pipa Focal in the making
"Four-in-One" Pipa Focal in the making
Done! - "Four-in-One" Pipa Bracelet
I made it finally!
And I am very happy and pleased with myself today as not only have I made a "four-in-one" Pipa focal for the bracelet, but I made a "Pipa Clasp" as well. Love it!

I used one piece of 20ga stainless steel wire to make all four pipas . Yeah! Only one piece of wire, so that all four pipas are connected to each other. All four pipas are almost perfect except for one. I ran out of wire for the last pipa. As such, I only managed to coil twice instead of three times :) for the last one. Do you notice that? But that is the beauty of handcrafted pretties....the imperfection.......
..........just trying to find excuses here! :). My fingers are quite sore from the twisting. 20ga stainless steel wire is a bit tough for this wrap but it look nicer compared to thinner wires.

Stones are 6mm faceted amethyst as well as a couple of freshwater pearls for the center.

The focal measures about 3cm x 3cm and the length of the bracelet is about 19cm or 7.5 in.

As for the Pipa clasp (this is my favorite part of the bracelet), I used 22ga stainless steel wire and a piece of freshwater pearl.

Pipa Clasp
Pipa Clasp Side View

The idea for this piece have been in my head for a long while, ever since I was introduced to this Pipa Wired Chinese Knot by Corra of decorshandmades.blogspot.com. Well not that long...about a month or so ago. Feels like a long time ago though....hmm wonder why?

Bell Monday, April 28, 2008 at 2:28:00 AM GMT+8

Lovely bracelet! Looks amazing! And indeed the clasp is the best part of it! You're getting better everytime I visit your blog! ^__^

Mei Monday, April 28, 2008 at 8:36:00 AM GMT+8

Thanks Bell. It's nice to hear from you. Yey! I love the clasp.

MaryB Monday, April 28, 2008 at 9:36:00 AM GMT+8

I love this bracelet. I ordered the PIPA knot tutorial, and now you have me anxious to get started. It will have to wait until after next week though.
I really love what you've been creating!

de Cor's Monday, April 28, 2008 at 9:44:00 AM GMT+8

Mei, LOVED This piece! You finally execute the project, its been so long!!!! :D Very very nice!!!!

yatisalem Monday, April 28, 2008 at 10:54:00 AM GMT+8

cannot say aything..too surprise when u come out with this design...very2 nice...i do really luv this one very much...u had come out with new technic of PIPA knot

Mei Monday, April 28, 2008 at 11:38:00 AM GMT+8

Mary, don't wait too long. This knot is really versatile. There are lots of design you can explore once you get a hang of it.

Mei Monday, April 28, 2008 at 11:39:00 AM GMT+8

Corra! Corra! thanks for sharing this technique. Completing this piece is like a dream come true :) Not that longlah....about a month only. There are more ideas coming...:)

Mei Monday, April 28, 2008 at 11:40:00 AM GMT+8

Yati, I am glad you like this design. I love this design and Pipa Knot too. How have you been? Busy?

Once Upon A Notion Monday, April 28, 2008 at 12:43:00 PM GMT+8

Love the bracelet, and the sparkly rings too! Great pieces

Diana ,  Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 4:25:00 AM GMT+8

Congratulations Mei! That's a wonderful Pipa invention. I love the bracelet - you are so inventive.

Diana
www.artyoucanwear.blogspot.com
www.dianakirkpatrick.com

Mei Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 6:04:00 AM GMT+8

Thank you Diana for dropping by and leaving me a comment.

FranCreations Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 12:58:00 PM GMT+8

Wa.... Mei that's fantastic I love your work:))

Shuku Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 3:58:00 PM GMT+8

Ooooooooh Mei, this is BEAUTIFUL. You made it so well! And the rest of your stuff has been looking so good - not been able to catch up this week because my net access has been dead for 6 days (grrr).

Will catch up with you when I get back from Singapore ya? :)

--Shuku

clare Wednesday, April 30, 2008 at 3:15:00 PM GMT+8

This is a lovely bracelet, an inspiring design and you have have made it beautifully.

or Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 5:38:00 PM GMT+8

I like this blog in the same way as I like or - jewelry blog for shopping for jewelery from top branded stores with discount stores.

Mei Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 9:38:00 PM GMT+8

Thanks you Lori and Fran for your visits and comments.

Mei Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 9:43:00 PM GMT+8

Ah! Shuku, Good to hear from you. Just got back this evening fm Bintulu and been busy. Catching up with mails and postings. Hope your computer connection is back to life. :)

Mei Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 9:44:00 PM GMT+8

Hi Clare! Been a while. Nice to hear from you. Busy ya?
Thank you for dropping by. Cheers!

Mei Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 9:48:00 PM GMT+8