Still with Donut Pendant and Pipa Technique

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Last night/ early this morning I completed this Donut Jade Pendant incorporating the Pipa technique into this otherwise boring Jade Donut Bead. The idea have been swimming around my head for about two weeks while I was wire wrapping the other two donut jade pendants. Somehow I can't figure out how to finish it off, especially on the bail part.
So, this piece developed as I was making it and one lead to another and along the way I figured out how to finish off the bail.

This piece is now available at my Etsy Shop....

The jade donut measures about 2.3cm at its widest and the length of the pendant is about 3.5cm.
The 10 beads surrounding the pipa knot are 4mm unakite and coral beads. There are another 8 of them at the backside of the pendant.
I added one 6mm round swarokski crystal (AB) to the top of the pendant to give it a bit of shine/sparks.

The Guess the number of rings contest was fun but was over a bit too soon :) The winner is Kathy.
Kathy, if you are reading this, please email me with your choice of the ring.

yatisalem Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 5:55:00 PM GMT+8

i do really luv this one..wonder how u combine together the PIPA up n down...

de Cor's Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 7:32:00 PM GMT+8

Mei, really creative way to incorporate so many things into one.. :) Glad to see PIPA can be transformed to so many designs!

Mei Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 9:56:00 PM GMT+8

Yati there is only one pipa and the whole pipa and the back is made with one piece of wire, excluding the beads wrapping of course.

Corra, thanks for introducing this wired Chinese Knot to me. I have some more ideas, just haven't got the time.

yatisalem ,  Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 11:22:00 PM GMT+8

thank mei! i think i would try it later...nice design..

Clare Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 10:37:00 AM GMT+8

Gorgeous little pendant. I like it very much. :)

Mei Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 10:40:00 AM GMT+8

Thanks Clare. Thank you for stopping by.

Shuku Friday, April 4, 2008 at 10:49:00 AM GMT+8

Mei that's an absolutely lovely pendant! I especially like the way you gradate the red and green stones so the colour gradually comes around.

You've also given me exactly the inspiration needed for a commission problem I was trying to solve for the last week for a chain and pendant! Thank you! (Have also finally made something after almost two weeks of total brain block - I'll post pictures tonight, my camera battery died just as I set up for it before bed.)

--Shuku

Anonymous ,  Friday, April 4, 2008 at 2:14:00 PM GMT+8

The pendant looks really nice! And the girl looks familiar too *wink*

Sya

Mei Friday, April 4, 2008 at 6:11:00 PM GMT+8

Shuku, I am glad my piece helps you to solve your problem ;)
Can't wait to see your pix.

SYA ;) I desperately needed a model for my pendant and who else better to ask?....hihi! but I promised not to show her face...

One of the Fortunate Monday, April 7, 2008 at 5:41:00 AM GMT+8

You left a message for me on my blog so I thought I should stop by yours. I must say your pieces are absolutely amazing. They make mine look so simple. I thank you for your compliment. I will check in on your page more often maybe get some inspiration from you. While you hope to one day stay home with your children as I do, I hope to one day make so many things as beautiful as you do.

Mei Monday, April 7, 2008 at 8:50:00 AM GMT+8

thanks you for stopping by "one of the fortunate". May your dreams come true.