Facing the Cobra - Braided Bracelet

Saturday, October 04, 2008

The name came to my mind while I was editing the pictures of this braided wire bracelet. Didn't realize it really looks like a cobra head while I was braiding it. Took me two afternoon to finish this piece since this is my first time. The first try was a mistake - wire not long enough so I got a half bracelet LOL! Maybe I can turn it into a ring instead :)

Once upon a time, I used to braid my hair this way....such a long time ago when I used to keep my hair long. Can't do that anymore as now I keep my hair very very short - no time to spend on hair anymore. Better spend them on wires and stones :)

Anyway, on my second attempt, success! thus Facing the Cobra! See it for yourself and enjoy.
I used 22ga wire for the braid and 28ga for the weaving. Stones are Swarovski Crystals and rose quartz.

This is a commissioned piece. If you are interested, you may email me or leave a comment here.

Anonymous ,  Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 10:29:00 PM GMT+8

This is super cool! Too bad i have skinny hand..so will not look good on me. Huhu. Well done!

Sya

Clare Sunday, October 5, 2008 at 4:00:00 AM GMT+8

Wow, that is so clever, really fabulous wirework.

Mei (WireBliss) Sunday, October 5, 2008 at 9:41:00 AM GMT+8

Ah! Anonymus..Selamat Hari Raya..forgot pula...you back here?
Remember your high heel, the one I took photo of with my hand phone just before you leave? This is the braid...sort of..thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks Clare fro stopping by.

TailoredTreasure Monday, October 6, 2008 at 7:58:00 AM GMT+8

I love your jewelry and what a great article! How did you get into jewelry making?

Mei (WireBliss) Monday, October 6, 2008 at 9:33:00 AM GMT+8

Thank you for stopping by Tailoredtreasure.
To make the story short, I got into jewelry making by "accident". Was searching for sewing projects but ended up with wire jewelry...LOL ;)

Leslie Todd Monday, October 6, 2008 at 10:53:00 PM GMT+8

Mei, the bracelet is wonderful. Your skill level amazes me! I wish I were half as productive as you are! Is the cuff made of stainless steel wire? I still cannot find stainless wire around here.

The Beading Gem Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 8:53:00 AM GMT+8

This is jaw-droppingly good!! I hope you'll let me feature you again on my blog!

Mei (WireBliss) Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 9:30:00 AM GMT+8

Thanks very much Leslie, Pearl.
And yes Leslie, its made of stainless steel wire.

Pearl, yes I will be very happy to get featured on your blog again :)

Jan-Ra Wednesday, October 8, 2008 at 10:04:00 PM GMT+8

I love the sleek look of the braided body of the piece. I use 20 gauge wire for my braided bracelets, but after seeing this I may have to experiment with 22 gauge. I like it!

Marika Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 11:45:00 PM GMT+8

Wow girl, this is just breathtaking, gorgeous!

corra Monday, October 13, 2008 at 4:15:00 PM GMT+8

Great, great idea, Mei!! And it's sooo neat!!!

Ve Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 4:15:00 AM GMT+8

Hi, Mei! You left a comment on my blog about five months ago and I just noticed it (I'm a little new to this blogging thing). Thought I would check you out and can I say "OMG"! You make beautiful wire work jewelry. I actually already had you marked as a favorite on Etsy. What a coincidence! Just wanted to say hi and post a comment on one of your blogs.

Ve Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 4:23:00 AM GMT+8

You had posted a comment on my blog about 5 months ago and I just noticed (I'm new to this blogging thing). I wanted to come and check you out and can I say "OMG"! You make beautiful wire work jewelry. I actually already had you marked as a favorite on Etsy, before I even noticed the comment. What a coincidence!

Mei (WireBliss) Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 9:06:00 AM GMT+8

Hi Ve and wow! 5 months. You must have been very busy. I need to refresh my mind and I remember now I left a comment on your earrings :) See you around and all the best at Etsy.