Playing with Copper Wire

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I have been wanting to play with copper wire for a long while and finally did just that last night, of all time when I was busiest. Maybe it was stress due to the unfinished work and presentation (this morning). Anyway, I managed to steal some time off "work" to hammer two copper wires and twisted them into this two almost identical pieces. Not sure what to do with them but it was fun to do all the hammering..:) Maybe I should wire wrap the loops with some small beads. I can "see" green will go very well with copper!
What think you?

Also stole a little bit of time to wire wrap (simple) this donut jade pendant with gold filled wire - a special request.

terib Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 4:00:00 AM GMT+8

It's strange Mei, I always avoided copper, didn't like it much, but once you start to work with it, it can really drag you in. It's warm, earthy, easy to manipulate...have fun Teri http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

Gaelyn Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 1:48:00 PM GMT+8

I really enjoy working with copper and many times combine with sterling.
Hope all that hammering made you feel better. Nice design.

corra Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 3:50:00 PM GMT+8

like the hammered ones. Hope to get over the busy season soon!

Bell Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 4:53:00 PM GMT+8

I'm sure the hammering was great for stress relief! It looks good too... I can see green and red beads on there... Earthy and Christmassy at the same time :)

Zen Ventures Friday, December 12, 2008 at 5:30:00 AM GMT+8

so pretty! I've got so much to learn yet. I believe that practice makes perfect :)

Joani Friday, December 12, 2008 at 5:40:00 AM GMT+8

I love copper and work with it often. Luckily doesn't turn my skin green. What about making them into earrings?