Gem Among the Thorns

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Its durian season again in Sarawak and you can see this King of Fruits all over the City...ok a bit exagerating here but they are definitely in season.
Hubby bought some back this afternoon and I took the opportunity to snap picture of this newly completed cuff on top of one of this thorny fruit.

This cuff is wrapped with various gemstones, pearls and Czech beads. It is not as easy as it looks especially on the part of shaping the wires to fit the stones and making sure that the measurement would not be more than 7 inches. It is still beautiful though especially for those who love lively and fresh colors.
Happy weekend all.

Azure Islands Designs Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 8:29:00 AM GMT+8

Mei this cuff is gorgeous...you are such a wonderful artist!!!

Interesting fruit...can you compare the taste to a fruit I might now?

Cheers

Mei (WireBlissMei) Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 9:01:00 AM GMT+8

:) Heather, people say it taste like heaven, smells like shit.
I can't think of anything to compare. Its an acquired taste like what people say about caviar. You just have to try it to like it.

Azure Islands Designs Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 1:32:00 AM GMT+8

LOL...now that is some comparison!!!!!!

I do know what you mean though...there are somethings that take some time getting used to but once you do you love it!

Cheers

Kudzu Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 7:58:00 PM GMT+8

that's a beautiful cuff, love the different shapes and colors of the stones and pearls and the way you arranged and wrapped them.
kudzu

Kokopelli Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 4:45:00 PM GMT+8

Yippie, I can comment again! Wasn't able to do that in the last few months cause my computer and your blog don't seem to like each other. But now here I am looking at all the beautiful jewelry. This cuff is stunning! I love all the different shapes. Great work!

Mei (WireBlissMei) Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 4:50:00 PM GMT+8

Hi Kokopelli! Welcome back.
I hope it is not my blog layout that is causing the problem...hmmm Makes me wonder what is happening? Someone also mention that whenever she visits my blog, an error occur and she can't view my blog. She use Internet Explorer. However, after a few days when I checked back with her, she said all is well.
Wonder! wonder!
Anyone out there having problem viewing my blog?